Western Toad Management at Summit Lake
We invite you to review the following documents to learn about research and management plans for the Western Toad at Summit Lake.
- NACFOR and Western Toads at Summit Lake – Position Paper – July 2019
- DA114 Development Area Summary – Final
- Western Toad Management in the Summit Lake Area – Updated July 2019
- Map: The Summit Lake Population of Western Toad: A Visual Context
- Posters: Forest Management in Western Toad Habitat in the Summit Lake Area
The Forest Practices Board has issued a News Release upon completion of its Complaint Investigation into Western Toads and Forest Harvesting Near Summit Lake. Go to News Release or download the Forest Practices Board’s report.
Here are some links to some key reference/research documents:
- Summit Lake Western Toad Project – 2015 Field Season. Prepared by: Jakob Dulisse (Jakob Dulisse Consulting), John Boulanger (Integrated Ecological Research), Irene Manley (FLNRO) for Fish and Wildlife Compensation Program and the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.
- Western Toad Migration at Summit Lake – 2014 Field Season. Prepared by Jakob Dulisse, Jakob Dulisse Consulting, Nelson BC for Irene Manley, Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources, Fish & Wildlife Compensation Program.
- Western Toad Migration at Summit Lake – 2012 Field Season. Prepared by Jakob Dulisse, Jakob Dulisse Consulting, Nelson BC and John Boulanger, Integrated Ecological Research, Nelson, BC for Fish & Wildlife Compensation Program.
- COSEWIC. 2012. COSEWIC assessment and status report on the Western Toad Anaxyrus boreas in Canada.. By the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. This document is on the Government of Canada’s Species at Risk Public Registry website.
- Movement behaviour of adult western toads in a fragmented, forest landscape. By Isabelle DEGUISE and John S. RICHARDSON, Department of Forest Sciences, The University of British Columbia. This document is in the Government of British Columbia’s online library.